Listserv/Mailing List Instructions
Below are the current guidelines for posting messages to HRLC's Listserv. These are designed to make the HRLC listserv a courteous and businesslike place for exchanging library related information.
If you have any questions regarding the listserv or the above guidelines, please contact Karen Boyer (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- All staff of libraries that are members of HRLC and/or the New Jersey Library Network are invited to subscribe to this list.
- Postings are to be of a professional nature, dealing with library business ONLY. Non-library related messages like chain emails, product boycotts, advertising or commercial marketing messages (exceptions would be library job postings or items available for giveaway) are not appropriate for this listserv. Even if you think you're helping by forwarding messages regarding e-mail viruses or spam, please do not. If there is something we feel you should know regarding this kind of information (i.e. the latest virus hitting your mailboxes), HRLC staff will post it.
- All messages MUST include your name, library and contact information, so others know who you are and how to contact you.
- Attachments are NOT allowed and are automatically rejected. This helps prevent viruses from spreading. You can include a URL address that points to a document on your site, or you can contact Karen Boyer (email@example.com), if you have a large document you would like to share.
- The first message you post to the listserv is moderated, meaning it must be approved before it is sent. After that, it is an unmoderated forum.
- Members that post messages that do not meet the above guidelines are subject to having all future messages moderated or having their access to the listserv permanently terminated.